Teramesh® Composite is a partially absorbable knitted mesh. Manufactured from approximately equal parts o absorbable Polyglycolic Acid- co- caprolactone 25 monofilament fiber. Absorbable part of mesh is homogeneously absorbed in 90-110 days, after absorption of PGCL component, only PP mesh remains and provides maximum patient comfort.
Partially Absorbable Mesh (Polypropylene 50%+ PGCL 50%)
- Less stiff > After partial absorption, lower risk of pain with more soft and pliable mesh.
- Minimized foreign body > Lower risk of long- term side effects due to less residual foreign body remained after partial absorbability.
- Sufficient strength > Before absorption – rigid enough for easy manipulation.
- After partial absorption – retains sufficient strength for enduring normal abdominal pressure.
- Teramesh® Composite Meshes are sterilized by Ethylene Oxide.
- Teramesh® Composite Mesh is bio-compatible. ISO 10993 Bio-compatibility results are available to our customers upon request.